Episode 30: How to Improve Your Google Rank: Learn from an Expert
Joy Hawkins is an SEO expert who is a part of Google’s Top Contributor program and MapMaker Regional Leads program. She regularly contributes to many online communities in the Local SEO world, including the Google My Business forum (Top Contributor), the Local Search Forum (Top Contributor), and the Local University Forum (Moderator). She is also a contributor to the Moz Local Search Ranking Factors survey, a columnist for Search Engine Land, and speaker at marketing conferences including SMX and Local U. Joy currently works as a product consultant at Imprezzio Marketing in Toronto.
During these DAM Systems seminars, these are some of the things that come up most often and business owners want to hear about.
- How to get a higher search ranking
- Reviews, Reviews, Reviews
- Links on other websites back to your web page
- Update Google My Business
- Is it worth paying a company that promises to put you on the first page of Google?
- Research is key
- Should we pay for AdWords?
- Some great reasons to use AdWords and what specifically to do
Here are some valuable links that Joy has provided for us that she discussed during her interview:
- Google’s advice for SMBs on who to work with for SEO.
- How to avoid Yelp’s filter.
- How to respond to negative reviews.
- Where to register for Best of the Best Insurance.
Book Joy recommends: